WELCOME TO R.A.N.T.
We are an original character roleplay based in an alternate version of our modern world. Society, superpowered but dynaphobic, has been split into two groups, each imprisoned by dusk and dawn. The plot is entirely player-driven and has a heavy online focus. We encourage members to use their characters to shape and shift the world in whatever ways they can and to experiment with new ideas and storylines.
diarkís
AUGUST, 2017
06/01 Official site open! Please check the announcements for important updates and special events.

05/15 Site soft-open! Players who create characters between now and the official opening on the first of June can purchase a second rank for free (375 point value). This is limited to one per OOC account.

WANTED SPOTLIGHT

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Beauty is the Death of Pain, @adrien
adrien cst he/him 25 Offline 3 | 3 | 3 gay rat dad#1820
340 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
raj
he/him
heir
uncertain
single
rank 1
MEET raj
I’m in love with a fairytale
There was a certain amount of companionship that could be found between their parallel words. An observation that wasn’t lost upon Rajab even though he didn’t choose in that moment to verbally remark upon it. The only acknowledgement given on his part came in the form of a pair of arched eyebrows, strikingly poignant when he brought attention to them in that way. Beneath them, equally dark eyes that were far more difficult to read remained focused upon the other foreigner before him. Neither of them truly belonged in the spots that they stood in, did they? They were both imposters in their own way.

“A brother no more?” The shift in language was followed in kind, though along with it came the sometimes less than subtle change in syntax. Curiosity was begging to press the question and seek out an answer, but was that really his place to go digging? Though, it had been the other man who had invaded his privacy in the first place and shifted the power dynamic right from the beginning in such a minor way that up until that moment it may as well have gone unnoticed by Rajab. But once the fact was realized, there was no going back from that. And what sort of not quite prince would he be if he let things remain that way? It simply wouldn’t do.

“I imagine you aren’t supposed to be here, not really.” His decision to change from English once more was an intentional one: he didn’t need onlookers deciding to eavesdrop on that fact or trying to get involved. “So should we keep talking here or go for a walk somewhere else?” Despite all of his good humor and seeming naivety, the man was by no means ignorant of the potential dangers that could find their way into his life. Such as the stranger in front of him. It was never wise to let his guard down too far and if anything, he had a healthy dose of paranoia regarding the consequences of doing so.

+ tag@ripley
+ notesETC
BY MITZI
Ripley GMT He/him 21 Offline 3|3|3 RipleyInSpace#5993
20 POINTS EARNED
67 POSTS MADE
Sully
He/him
Photographer
Pansexual
Single
rank 1
MEET Sully
I’M THE BURNING DOOR
Damn. He’d said too much. Well, he’d just have to go with it. If nothing else, this one seemed much more entertaining than a mark. Get to know him. Get permission from him. Get a booty call?
Childish.

“A brother no more,” he confirmed, tone somewhat casual for the rather depressing truth he’d just dropped. His gaze was piercing. Not aggressive - that was a different kind of stare - no this was an icy gaze of appraisal. This man was used to getting what he wanted, including information. Being cryptic was the ultimate judgement of his character. Would there be composure? Would there be intense microaggressions?
Raj’s pressing of Sully’s clear ability to game people was most intriguing. He was unsurprised that a man brazen enough to approach him without intent of aggression, but rather imperious entitlement, would suss out his being out of place just from brief conversation. However, the lack of surprise didn’t make the bold statement of fact and discreet change of language any less disarming.

“I imagine I am not, no,” his jaw had clenched thoughtfully just before he’d spoken. Now it was loose, and his lips were steadily pulling into an evidently amused grin. His question prompted a moment’s elated consideration, before he tucked a hand into his jacket pocket and extended the crook of his arm for Raj to hold.
“Walk with me,” he suggested, though the hint of a question was betrayed in the inflection. “Ask me what you want to know and we will see if I can answer you.”

+ tag@adrien
+ notesETC
BY MITZI
adrien cst he/him 25 Offline 3 | 3 | 3 gay rat dad#1820
340 POINTS EARNED
51 POSTS MADE
raj
he/him
heir
uncertain
single
rank 1
MEET raj
I’m in love with a fairytale
Patience, Rajab had found, when combined when his special sort of relaxed charisma, usually wound up getting him what he wanted. So he hadn't pressed when his initial question was only addressed by means of an echo. He had not only time but also the upper hand and within that combination, there was power. Power that he was well acquainted with. In his world, there was no point in which he didn't have some degree of power. It was simply the circumstances that he had been born into and grown used to.

In linking his arm with that of the other man, he relinquished some sort of control over the current situation. If not just temporarily. It had him shifting the cat's leash to his other hand, which had the animal crossing to his other side behind his legs as not to wind up tangling the three of them all together. Normally the situation would be reversed, with himself being the one to instigate that sort of thing, but what did he have to lose in giving that up for a little while?

"What I want to know...where is it that you do belong, since it isn't here?" Like he knew. All it took was a little patience and in the end, he always got what he wanted. From everyone. That was simply how his life was. Entitlement had morphed into expectation and that was where such an extreme amount of his confidence came from.

+ tag@ripley
+ notesETC
BY MITZI
Ripley GMT He/him 21 Offline 3|3|3 RipleyInSpace#5993
20 POINTS EARNED
67 POSTS MADE
Sully
He/him
Photographer
Pansexual
Single
rank 1
MEET Sully
I’M THE BURNING DOOR
When Raj looped his arm through Sully’s, Atlas stood patiently while the serval’s lead was reorganised. Once sorted, Sully began to walk slowly, pace only slightly faster than a budding bride’s, head tracing the spaces in the pavement slabs. Raj’s question provoked a small sniffle of laughter, a warm smirk springing up – though a smirk nonetheless. While only pressing with a gentle tone and air of patience, Raj’s question betrayed a powerful desire that transcended the obligation of polite restraint. He was used to having information. Being enigmatic drew the brazenness out. Perfect.

“Well that is more a philosophical question, is it not?” Atlas’ voice betrayed every drop of amusement he felt at waxing lyrical in response. “If you ask some, I belong among the revered, others think I should be walking alone in the night. Some argue I belong at their side, counselling them, soothing them. Others that I belong in their bed, caressing them, soothing them. But I suppose what you mean is where do I come from?” He laughed to himself, shaking his head daintily – somehow.
“South of here, certainly,” he conceded carefully. “And east, if I am pushed.” He wasn’t really giving away any valuable information, though still answering the question.

“So tell me,” he charged, easily. “In the philosophical sense, where would you say that I belong Rajab?”

+ tag@adrien
+ notesETC
BY MITZI

This post has been edited by atlas sullivan: Oct 6 2017, 04:32 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Candyland Couture RPG Initiative RPG-D
Sister Sites
Static
Code 8 Avalon a Panfandom RP We Are Warriors INCREDIBLE Far Harbor: A Fallout RPG
Scrolling
SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE AND CAUTION